Queensland Functional Programming Lab
Lean on powerful abstractions that let you combine smaller components with absolute confidence.
Stand atop the giants of mathematics to take advantage of effective software verification tools. Without having to be a giant yourself.
Save yourself time and stress with precise and reusable abstractions.
If Functional Programming is so much better, why isn't everyone using it yet? Because you haven't knocked on our door yet. But also because there is a misunderstanding in the wider programming community that FP is "hard to learn", or "not practical". Neither of these things are true and we can demonstrate it to you.
Our team is committed to exploiting the benefits of Functional Programming and making sure that you can too!
We provide courses in Functional Programming from introductory through to applied, with more in development. They are free to attend and open to the public. We run them based on demand, so let us know if you're interested.
We can also arrange to run these courses in-house for your organisation, drop us a line and we'll be in touch.
We work to improve the functional programming ecosystem by sharing knowledge, writing libraries, and fixing bugs. All of our courses, software, and libraries are developed in the open and distributed as open source.
Some of the projects we're concentrating on at the moment:
- Programming language tools to deal with the problems associated with legacy programming languages.
- Numerical computing and associated tools.
- Reflex, as an implementation of Functional Reactive Programming.
- Conducting hands-on Functional Programming courses, targeted toward industry programmers.
- Automatic Testing of Haskell Projects with Travis CI November 26, 2019
- Managing GHC versions with ghcup September 18, 2019
- MTL Motivations August 17, 2019
- Functional Programming in C# February 19, 2019
- Introduction to state machine testing: part 3 November 29, 2018